2011 is MY year. I mean that introspectively, rather than selfishly.
I’m going to list my “resolutions” in no particular order. Some will be books I want to read. Some might be foods I want to try, dates I want to keep, plans I want to make, or personal goals.
This isn’t meant to be a “check list” for 2011 or even a lifetime “bucket list.” Because many of the things I’m listing are going to be processes of personal development. They aren’t ever going to be “done” in order to check off any list. These things I resolve to pay specific attention to this year, in order to develop myself for my l-i-f-e. These things will likely ebb and flow in their importance throughout this year, and throughout my life…But they are skills or character traits I want to develop and carry throughout my life.
*I love the freshness and promise of a new year
*Bold items are more standard “resolutions” for 2011
1. Read “Blue Like Jazz”
2. Read “The Happiness Project”
3. Read something every day
4. Scrapbook at least one page a week
5. Take more pictures
6. Take at least one yoga class a month
7. Journal every day, include prayers and gratitude
8. Continue minimizing the material things
9. Pay off the last of the credit cards this year (we haven’t used them in several months!)
10. Read some of the Bible every day. Actual goal is 3 chapters a day, but I just need to read SOME of it EVERY day. period.
11. Make more plans with friends that I don’t usually make plans with
12. Increase intake from the Earth. This includes: water, fruits, vegetables, whole grains. Thanks, God, for making all the stuff I need 😉
13. Less…Is…More (stole this directly from Amy 😉 )
14……..And this is a tough one……..Wake up 30 minutes, at least, before the kids get up, to have some quiet time to ease in to the day with prayer and a cup of tea or coffee.
15. Go to bed by 10:00 pm at the LATEST. This will give me 7.5 hours of sleep at the least, if I wake up at 5:30. On nights before my early morning gym sessions I will go to bed earlier.
16. Get at least 4 massages this year. It’s necessary in my line of work 😉
17………….start tossing around my book ideas……………. 😉
18. Blog at least once a week
I’ll add to this as the month goes on 🙂