Let’s talk writing.
Let’s talk writing!
Let’s do it. Honestly. I’m a writer, this is my blog, and I can do what I want. You’ll find all my life-y stuff here, still, because the days I live are my ever-changing muses. But I want to talk about what’s going on in the literary community (indie and otherwise), share links to great writer blogs, events, contests, and just generally talk shop.
Today I’m going to share some links with you. These might help you write, they might help you laugh. Either way, let’s dig in. Here are some of my favorite things in the craft right now:
- A color thesaurus. Because sometimes “daffodil” is right on the top of your tongue, and it’s so much more than “golden.”
- Scribophile. Critique others’ work, post yours for critique. Talk nuts-and-bolts with writers in every genre, and learn about contests and various journals and literary publications looking for submissions. I JUST joined today, so a further review is forthcoming.
- JulesJustWrite. She critiqued a poem of mine on Scribophile, and I immediately checked out her blog. It’s well designed, varied, and interesting.
- The Daily Rejection (A Writer’s Woe). Practical, funny, tongue-in-cheek, you’ll find what you’re looking for here. I found her through the next site I’ll share.
- Anti-Heroin Chic. an online publication seeking your poetry, short stories, media, etc. Check them out. TODAY I have the honor of having three poems published there!! EEP!
- Cuckoo Birds is another blog I found through Anti-Heroin Chic who wants to talk shop. The author is also active on Scribophile.
That’s all for now, writer friends.
Photo Credit: Suzanne Smith